Here are some of my coveted favourites right now, a top ten if you will. Enjoy!
1. Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua – this is a pretty great foundation. Hyped up by every beauty blogger and their mum, VA brings a velvety glow and warmth to the skin whilst retaining a good low to medium coverage. I will apply this with either a 190, a real techniques stippling brush or fingers depending on the finish I want. However- it isn’t a game changer I can definitely feel the urges to move on after 6 months- may be defecting to YSL Radiant Touch for summer (Oh the traitor I am!).
2. NARS Orgasm Blush- this is such a classic. A sassy strawberry-mango with shimmer, Orgasm is fabulously pigmented and long lasting. Because of this it will be a strong contender in your make up bag for a while to come. Plus who doesn’t love its cheeky name! Just don’t go applying it too thickly or you will look like a circa 1870s lady of the night.
3. Chanel Bronze Universal- A bronze addicts dream! This silky smooth multipurpose gel/balm glides onto the skin giving a natural glow which surprisingly fits many a skin tone without entering the ‘You’ve been tangoed’ danger zone. Just remember to use a synthetic brush (I’m still picking out the brush hairs *sigh*.)
4. Clarins Beauty Flash Balm- I love this two in one product. You can use it as a primer and a mask. This is one of those products that just immediately hydrates the skin, preps it and gives the skin a lustre which you just don’t get with most primers. As a mask it cools and calms the skin- perfect after a hard week. It also smells nice and I’m a sucker for that.
5. Chanel Illusion D’ombre in Emerveille- shimmered peachy champagne unique in formulation to most cream eyeshadows. This lies in between a mouse and a cream giving effortless application and longevity. Oh I am such a fan. One sweep across the lids, touch of mascara and your away- it can even be used as a base.
6. Chantecaille Faux Cils- A real luxury this smells just like rose petals and contains natural waxes to condition your lashes. I think my lashes have really thickened up naturally since using this mascara, and as it dries to a more glistened finish you don’t end up with crispy lashes (always a plus). Having said all this it is a touch pricey and there are plenty of mascaras out there which won’t punch your bank account in the same way.
7. Estee Lauder Double Wear Concealer- great for blemishes, under the eyes and lasts all day. Great on its own or with foundation. It doesn't settle into fine lines under the eye which is my main concern.
9. Laura Mercier Warm Brow Definer- this little pot of wonder takes away the need for multiple products on the brows. No powder, wax then brow gel needed here! It does it all. I apply with an angled brow brush. It’s simple to use and can be built up for more dramatic brows.
10. Real Techniques Stippling brush – I thought I should include a brush here, and one that I believe is really accessible to everyone. Great quality, great application and a flash of hot pink. You can’t really refuse can you? This brush in particular would be great for those starting out in make up or for people who want a brush to do the hard work of many. Foundation, Cream Bronzer, Blush even powder at a push can be done by this brush.