Wednesday 27 March 2013

Rimmel Wake Me Up Before Ya Go Go

Okay so I picked up Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation for £4.98 (yes you heard right) in Wilkos the other day. I normally steer clear of drug store foundations (don’t get me started on Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse), but I’ve heard positive things about this particular foundation.



Packaging: It’s okay. It isn’t nearly as dainty as my current HG Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua. A tad heavy also. But there is something pleasing about the strange bottle nonetheless. Claims to: ‘visibly reawaken and illuminate skin with a radiant glow and a flawless natural-looking finish, instant anti-fatigue effect’… yadayadayda.

First Application: Pumps out nicely, not pumping too little or too much. I used a Mac 190 to apply, and it goes on surprisingly well. It has the feel and smell of a foundation that could be double or triple the RRP (usually £8.48 in most stores- quick run to Wilkos!). Noticed a lot of shimmer however which from close up potentially looks odd but from a normal distance appears to give a delightful soft focus, glowing effect. Will have to keep an eye on that shimmer later on in the week and update if needs be. Perhaps for the more mature ladies this could be a great holiday foundation, but not for every day if shimmer is too much.

Finish: This foundation, in my opinion sits on the fence between matte and satin, simply because of the shimmer. I don’t feel like I need to apply powder however, which is great. For the more oily of complexions I’d advise using something like Urban Decay De-Slick instead of powder and a good silicone primer, or else ya’ll lose that radiant glow!

So how does it score?

This is such a great foundation for the price, achieving something that not many high end foundations do. I'm not saying it's the best but it fills a nice little niche of its own because of that cheeky shimmer. I will certainly be keeping it in my make up bag for the time being. Colour range could also be better, this formulation would be perfect for darker skin tones. Sort it out Rimmel!

A pleasing 7.5/10

Leave me a comment letting me know your favourite foundation, or if you have Wake Me Up, what you think! x



No comments:

Post a Comment