Tuesday 16 April 2013

Seche Vite- A What's In My Hand Bag Try

Okay so I have had my eye on Seche Vite for a wee while, but suffice to say I am a bit of nail biter. I love nail varnish and have always had a steady collection going but lately haven't really invested in a quality top coat. A friend of a friend used to work for OPI however so I have tried a few of their top coats and have never had any complaints.

If any of you out there haven't heard of WIMH (What's in my Handbag) I urge to you to check it out. It's a great new website giving people to opportunity to try out luxury brands at affordable prices plus a look into the handbags of style gurus/bloggers/celebs/journalists etc. It's definitely a website I check up on a lot. You can also build up your own beauty cabinet with your very own products and create a want list too! And as a founding member I was lucky enough to be able to try out Seche Vite. 

Who doesn't love sexy packaging?!


Seche Vite dry fast top coat

When I first tried this out it gave a great glossy finish. I went about my business loving life with my new sexy mani (feeling fabulous of course) when to my horror it literally peeled off in one fail swoop on my ring finger. Other nails were to follow. 

Anyway, I had a little peruse on MUA (my go to website for a quick honest review), many people had experienced the same issue. Advice came in the form of apply it to wet nail polish. So I went ahead and did that and I am pretty impressed as it no longer has the weird flexible texture. Just lovely shiny colour. These are the steps I take to ensure it doesn't peel off:

1. Apply a base coat.
2. Apply a thin coat of your chosen colour.
3. Apply a second coat of your chosen colour once you have allowed the first to dry.
4. WHILE SECOND COAT STILL WET apply Seche Vite in a medium thick layer, not allowing the brush to touch the wet colour below.
5. Give a good 10-15 minutes to fully set (don't be a mani-ac and start doing the dishes.. see what I did there!?......)

OPI 'Lucky Lucky Lavender' with Seche Vite Top Coat


For ladies who are big on nails and have the time to tend to their manicure it's a must have, for those who enjoy nail varnish but aren't committed to a perfect finish every time it's perfectly okay to go for a cheaper brand. I personally recommend Rimmel's 60 Second clear nail varnish as a cheap top coat alternative.

What do you guys think about Seche Vite? Got your eyes on it or do you have another top coat fave? Leave a comment and let me know!

If you want to check it out: https://www.whatsinmyhandbag.com/r/2tx3
Seche Vite Fast Dry Top Coat http://www.seche.com/


2 comments:

  1. Sadly, I'm a nail biter too, although I do love that purple shade. Just found your blog...I'm your newest follower! :') x Olwyn

    http://olwynsworld.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes its a great shade perfect for summer! I will have a look at your blog :) x

      Delete